Thursday, April 28, 2011

Super Easy Pizza-For Now and For Later...

Ok, so this is my (Christina's) gorgeous sister, dressed-up niece Gia and "still-in-his pajamas" nephew, Gray-Gray and this week we happened to stumble upon and ingenius idea...

Pita/Flat bread Pizza!!!

We didn't have a whole lot of food in the fridge but after our Meditteranean themed Easter we did have TONS of flat bread left over. 
So we put our heads together and decided to use the left over pasta sauce, shred some fresh parmesean on top, stuck it in the toaster oven at 350 degrees for hardly anytime at all and there you go!
Pizza! 
 Now this is huge for those of you who are horrible at making your own dough, ahem...me!
Or you might just find yourself in a pickle like us and have hardly anything in the fridge! 


Now I must say this, we didn't put any veggies on or in this pizza!

I know! I know! Shame on me!

But like I said we were in a bind!
Geez!
But now knowing how easy this was to make this, this is what I would do differently next time...

1.  Make a sauce with a ton of different processed veggies snuck in there!
2.  Shred a bunch of fresh parmesean cheese.
3.  And then prep a ton of these "pizza's", stick some wax paper in between each one, throw them in a zip-lock bag and in the freezer.  That way when you are in a rush or have nothing to cook it's there ready to toss in the oven and eat!
No preservatives like the boxed pizza you may have been buying before!

These pizza's are not just great for the little one's but for you or your hubster when he's at work!  Or for play dates, parties, dinner, etc., etc...

Have fun with it! 
Let us know how it worked!

Butterflies and Eskimos,

Sarah & Christina 



2 comments:

  1. I just made a whole bag full. I added ground spinach and broccoli, raw to the sauce. Gia normally hates pizza but she LOVED this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically your sauce is a veggie. I love pizza and have made these before. I have also used English muffins and French bread all make great pizza. BTW how cute is the picture. What a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete